Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Clay Sculpture Current Progess




Original idea was Bruce Lee doing Drunken style martial arts





But I've changed my mind and gonna make him into a drunken Shaolin Kung-fu monk instead.


Today I totally reposed the sculpture because the negative space I had before was very boring... with both hands up in the air and both feet in the ground.







Owwwyaaaaa somebody got some hands today!




Now he has a face and a tummy



Somebody's got some beard and a bottle of drink !


worked on the back, the shoulder, chest, and stomach... also covered the 'rock' he's sitting on with clay
I am running out of clay :( need to buy more

- pretty much covered entire rock with clay. That pretty much ate up one block! :x
- Still working on the prayer beads...  I am thinking about extending the length of it
- also enlarged the drinking bottle and worked on the beard, arms, and chest.
- Last but not least, I put chunk of time into the 'back' ...studying the the anatomy & muscle deformation in this particular pose.

- re-sculpted the praying beads (made it a bit bigger)
- touched up on the rock
- made the bottle even bigger
- kinda messed with the wrist for a bit... I think i  made it worse :\

No comments:

Post a Comment